Monday, December 5, 2011

The Book That Got Me Into This

I stumbled upon this picture of a  front cover of a book today.

I bought a paperback, pocketbook copy of this  9 years ago. It was from a second hand bookstore in Baguio being sold for about 50 pesos. I was just looking for pass time reading and not particularly about astronomy back then but the moment I started with first page, I was caught to it until the end.

Its is mainly about stellar evolution as well as the general theory of relativity, Einstein-Rosen bridge, and wormholes in spacetime explained in non technical terms. Its also has lots of  illustrations which I appreciated so much.

I picked up a lot from it and this propelled me back to my early wonder on astronomy

This book is a classic. Shame that I was not able to preserve it well. I still have it somewhere, but the last time I saw it, some pages were taken out by termites.


No comments: