Monday, July 16, 2012

You Only Love Your Collider

I was curious enough today to click a youtube clip that appeared to have a contrasting picture from the title. And surely enough I was surprised with  mixed emotions I think I never had before.

What made me even more curious is that they are singing inside the CERN showing the LHC.  I mean who would allow shooting a comedy MTV inside a 9 billion dollar facility.

Here is the vid:




As it turns out, they are real employees of CERN. The title of the video,, also makes more sense since the LHC here  does not stand not for Large Hadron Collider but for the name of the group, Les Horribles Cernettes. And Collider is the title of the song.

Talk about "High Energy" Girl Band in the literal sense. Literal because they are actually working in a high energy lab.

Side trivia: One picture of this group is the first ever picture to be published on the world wide web in 1992.

Oddly enough, they do sound nice to my ear. That is if you don't expect much considering they are not actual singers and are real life CERN scientists.

Now you know how geeks have fun at work.


No comments: